Rules and Regulations FOR DIMENSIONS MUMBAI COMPETITION
Please read the regulations carefully before filling up the entry form.
Only the rights holder is eligible to fill this form.
You are solely responsible for the authenticity of the information provided by you.
In case of any discrepancies found in the information provided by you, your entry will be disqualified.
Mumbai Academy of Moving Image invites films to take part in the Dimensions Mumbai Competition section.
1 – Description
The Dimensions Mumbai section of the Jio MAMI 20thMumbai Film Festival with Star aims to support and encourage young filmmakers who are from Mumbai. This section will showcase short films which are of a duration 5 mins or less made by Mumbai based filmmakers under the age of 25.
2 – ELIGIBILITY
This section is open to ONLY residents of Mumbai.
The participants must be of or between the age of 18 to 25 years.
This section is open to short films(fiction/documentary) whose running time must not be more than 5 (five) minutes, including start and end credits.
The short films must have been completed after July 31st, 2017.
All films that are submitted must be screened in their original language with English subtitles wherever applicable. The cost of subtitling is the sole responsibility of the producer.
Both fiction and documentary shorts are eligible to apply.
Dubbed versions of films from other languages are not eligible for submission. For films in non-English language, screener should also have English subtitles.
The films should not have been presented in India either theatrically (commercially or in Film Festivals) or released on video/DVD/telecast/internet/VOD.
Films submitted in any form in earlier editions are ineligible to apply. A film that has withdrawn from earlier editions cannot re-submit.
Entrants who have won in this section in the past, cannot apply for the next two years
Films applying do not require a certification from the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). In case a film already has a certification, only the certified version will be considered for screening. For films not having certification, screening will be subject to an exemption from the Ministry of I&B, Govt. of India. For films that apply or receive a Certification during the selection process, regardless of the submitted version, only the certified version will be screened.
The festival director reserves the right to settle all cases not covered by the guidelines and to grant exceptions in special cases. All cases will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of India and settled under the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Mumbai.
3 – Media accepted for selection
The festival only accepts non-downloadable & password protected online screeners. Please submit the same as part of your form submission.
No requests for private screenings to Selection committee members will be entertained. All films have to submit directly to the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star only through the above mentioned methods.
All correspondence regarding sending media through courier/postal invoice must say:
“For Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star selection purposes/cultural purpose only.
Not for commercial use. No commercial value. Value for customs purposes should approximately US$ 2 per film.”
None of the material submitted will be returned. All online film files will be destroyed/deleted immediately after the selection process of the festival is over.
Films that are damaged or lost in transit are not the festival’s responsibility.
4 - Deadlines
A completed submission consists of a correctly filled online submission form along with the film screener reaching the festival and realisation of payment of fees. Only on acknowledgement of receipt of all three is the submission considered complete.
The deadline for completed entry forms, payment as well as submitting the films must be strictly observed.
Last date of completing submission is 31st July 2018
The festival accepts work in progress submissions subject to the following conditions:
ONLY the copy submitted will be considered by the selection committee and the programmers for the festival.
A FINAL VERSION of the film must reach the festival team 30 days before the start date of the festival in case your film is selected.
If the FINAL VERSION of the film fails to reach on time, the film will be disqualified and will not be eligible for future editions of the festival as well.
5 - Submission Fee
A submission fee is applicable to all entries to the festival. Payment can be made online or through a demand draft/cheque or via bank transfer after the form has been completed. Details of this are at the end of the entry form once you reach the payment gateway. According to your choice of mode of payment, all details will appear on screen
The fee structure is as below:
27th March 2018 to 20thJuly 2018 - Rs. 500
21st July 2018 to 31stJuly 2018 – Rs. 1000
This fee is non-refundable.
(Subject to Indian Tax laws and global exchange rates. All figures rounded off to the nearest decimal)
6 – Documentation and Festival Catalogue
The festival extensively documents each film that is submitted and therefore it is very important that detailed information on each film is submitted. This information includes synopsis, Director’s filmography, biography, director’s note on the film, credit list of the film producer details, high resolution pictures, poster designs, full list of artistic and technical details, a high resolution still of the director etc. Age and address proof must be provided for this section.
- Age Proof (Self attested copy of Pan Card/Aadhar Card/Passport)
- Address Proof (Self attested copy of Aadhar Card/Passport/Rent Agreement)
The form for this information is part of the submission form and filling it is mandatory. Please note that we require 3 high resolution images of the film (minimum 300 dpi or more) and one high resolution still of the director (minimum 300 dpi or more) and the poster of the film (minimum 300 dpi or more.)
7 – Juries
The festival appoints a jury consisting of renowned personalities from the world of film and art to judge the Dimensions Mumbai Competition section. No person who has participated in the production or promotion of any film selected for Dimensions Mumbai may serve on the Jury.
The Festival Director or his/her representative may attend jury deliberations but will take no part in the voting. Jury members are sworn to secrecy. Jury discussions and ballots remain strictly confidential even after the Festival has ended.
8 - Awards
Films participating in this section are eligible for:
Golden Gateway Trophy and cash prize of Rs. One Lakh (Rs. 1,00,000 ) for the Director(s)
Silver Gateway Trophy and cash prize of Rs. Fifty Thousand (Rs. 50,000 ) for the Director(s)
All the cash prizes are subject to Indian Tax laws and global exchange rates. Figures have been rounded off to the nearest decimal)
9 - Storage of film
- If selected, the Festival will bear the costs for the storage and insurance of film media for the period during which such media is within its area of responsibility.
- In the event media is damaged or gets lost during selection or during the Festival itself, the Festival’s liability is limited to the costs for replacement of the damaged component (in the case of DCP i.e., digital cinema package for instance, the cost of the data carrier/hard disk).
- The corresponding damage report and/or compensation claim must be received by the Festival within 14 days after receipt of the media.
- If any damages are incurred on a 35 mm print of a film, no claims will be entertained if the print has been used in the interim between return of the print by the festival and the date of claim.
10 - Screenings after the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star
The producer(s) and or right holder(s) shall not have any objection for screening of the short films (selected for the Dimensions Mumbai competition at the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival With Star) for non-commercial screening of the films by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI) after the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival With Star (October 25th - November 1st, 2018). However, the filmmakers will be intimated by e-mail of such screenings.
Filmmakers of the selected short films shall make themselves available for various PR initiatives around the competition at the appointed date, time and place as requested by the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star.
11 - Official logo and advertising
The official Festival logo with either “Dimensions Mumbai” or “Official Selection 2018” should be displayed in all advertising and promotional material of all the films selected for screening in the festival. These should also be clearly visible for theatrical release as well as for Video/DVD/Digital distribution in India and abroad. All selected films will receive a digital logo of the festival. Award-winning films will receive the appropriate logo with the name of the prize.
Deadline for the receipt of entry forms and films and payment for selection: 31st July 2018
- The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star.
- The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star and make available the print for screening. This person will be the point of contact for all future communications regarding this entry in the festival.
- The Applicant hereby authorizes the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI) to screen the film, if selected for the Dimensions Mumbai competition at the Jio MAMI 20th Mumbai Film Festival with Star, in all non-commercial film festivals and events, including telecast of the films for promotional purposes.
- The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority for this authorization or obtained the requisite authority from the producer / right holder a copy of which he should submit to MAMI immediately after intimation of selection.
- Filmmakers of the selected short films shall make themselves available for various PR initiatives around the competition at the appointed date, time and place as requested by Mumbai Film Festival.